What the Fall fashions will be depend on who you ask. So far, I have found/read about three different opinions on what will be “hot” this Fall season. For me, this really does not matter since I set my own trend(s). I wear what I know looks good on me, both in style and color. And like everyone, I have my favorite pieces.
But, I’m always curious if the fashions I select for myself will be considered “hot” or “on trend”. It’s a kind of game I play with myself.
In the early years, my husband, while we were shopping, would jokingly comment that it doesn’t matter what colors it comes in because I only wear black, red, tan, and white. Sadly, he was right. So, ever since then I’ve always tried to make a mental choice to add some color to my wardrobe. Of course, now I have a rainbow closet!
However, ten+ years later, I still have my go-to staples. They tend to be reds, fuschias, purples and the occasional jewel tone blue/teal. Of course I’ll never let go of my warm browns /chocolates and I keep them close at hand. A perfect example is my newest fashion board -Welcome Autumn in Style!
This Fall fashion board was created using Polyvore. Check it out and follow me for fashion expressions created with my jewelry designs.
I paired these Smokey Quartz Gemstone Crystal Earrings with a feminine chocolate colored top, beaded tan tank, a fabulous ochre cross body bag and a few other complimentary pieces (including those FABULOUS boots!!).
What is so great about putting together these fashion boards are the inspiring ideas I get from them for new jewelry designs. While typing this blog post, I designed an idea for a complimentary necklace that would be a perfect addition to the Crystal Allure Jewelry Collection.
If you are looking for ways to update your fall wardrobe, check out below for 5 easy ways to update your look this fall season with selections by Bobbie Thomas, Today.com contributor.
1. Go Longer -drop your hemlines on both your skirts and your coats.
2. Embrace Color -spice up your wardrobe with warm autumn shades of caramel, crimson, pumpkin, mustard -red is always hot and jewel tones still reign.
3. Be Bold -graphic prints, blocks of color, tribal accents, mix prints, consider that clash and contrast idea, strong accessories (think cuff bracelet, statement necklace, drop-to-your-shoulder earrings).
4. Add Texture -rich fabrics and dimensional details, layer different textiles such as lace and leather, add warmth with a velvet blazer.
5. Glisten Up -copper and rose gold are new shades of metal to melt over, from eyes to lips to fingertips, find a frosty shade.
I’d love to hear what you will be adding to your fall wardrobe this season, please share with us and leave a comment below.